Daunna’s Art Studio provides an opportunity to express yourself and study the visual arts in a studio setting.
Each lesson in the different media is taught to you individually or in small groups, and you continue at your own rate and depth of study. We hope you explore any and all media that interest you.
We take students from age 6 and up. If there is room, we take 5 year olds, but an adult from the family must stay with them, not to do their work but to help them.
Because instruction is individualized, adults, teens, and children are welcome to attend the same class.
We have developed age-appropriate lessons for all the different media in the studio. However, we can adjust our curricula and teaching techniques to help you develop a unique special project that reflects your own artistic pursuits.
Our main lessons are in:
- pencil, pastels, and pen drawing
- watercolors, Sumi-e, acrylic, oil, and airbrush painting
- ceramic hand-building (all ages) and wheel-throwing (age 9 and above)
- printing: block, stamp, monoprinting, and individual silkscreen
- creative stitchery, weaving on a floor loom, and stuffed creatures
- sculpture with wire, paper, cloth, foam and papier-maché
- tile and glass mosaic and glass etching
A few tips for students:
Make sure to wear old, comfy clothes that can get paint or ink on them.
We strongly recommend keeping a sketchbook to jot down notes, record ideas, and capture things that strike your fancy. It will help you to actively observe the world (especially when traveling).
Artwork that you do at home is also important to your development. If you want feedback about home artwork or your sketchbook, please feel free to bring them to your regularly scheduled class or arrange for an appointment.